Visa Information

Please refer to the list of countries that have a visa exemption agreement with Japan. If your country is on the list, you generally do not need to apply for a visa to enter Japan. However, if your country is not on the list, you will need to obtain a short-term stay visa, also known as a “tanki-shouyou visa,” from the Japanese embassy in your country. Be sure to carefully review the Japanese visa guide provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Note that attendees from some countries may require a visa for entry into Japan, so please check the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan’s website at to determine if you need to apply for a visa.

If you come from Indonesia and you are e-passport holder, you do not need apply a VISA. Please check the following information:

Invitation Letters

  1. The invitation letter will be issued after the successful registration.
  2. It is important that your name is written exactly the same as it appears on your passport. If there are any discrepancies between the name on your passport and the name on your invitation letter or other documents, it could cause a delay and/or refusal of your visa application.
  3. It is important to be aware that ICRC Conference and the conference organizing committees are only able to provide the Notification of Invitation Letter issued by ICRC Conferences and the conference Committee Board to assist with the visa process. ICRC Conferences and the organizing committee of the conference do not have the authority to intervene in the decision-making process of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, nor will they engage in any communication or correspondence with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Embassy on behalf of the applicant in case of visa application denial. Additionally, the registration fee cannot be refunded if an individual’s visa application is denied.
  4. The Embassy typically requires about a month to process visa applications, so it is advisable to register as early as possible to allow sufficient time.